EXAMS ON COMPUTER PROCEDURES
Please know that the exam monitoring software used for remote students only allows for a secure exam environment and will not have the option to access documents on the laptop during the exam. Since everyone must take the exam with the same conditions applied there will be no internet access nor access to documents electronically, with the exception of take home exams.
The Academic Services Office will be happy to help anyone who needs assistance with printing any materials. If you need assistance with printing, please contact Academic Services.
Note that the question text for each individual exam question will appear in the question field. In other words, instead of a general “Answer question 1 here” type of message, the actual test question will be shown. The answer options for any multiple choice and/or true-false questions will also be displayed. In addition, the test document, in its entirety, will be attached within the exam file for reference anytime during the exam. This format will be set up the same for both remote and in-person students.
Please make sure that you have followed the procedures indicated below to install the updated software and complete the required mock test. Contact Academic Services if there are any questions, any problems with installing the software or completing the mock test.
EXAMS ON COMPUTER PROCEDURES
Please note that ExamSoft has released an update of the Examplify product and we are in a new license year; therefore If you used the Examplify product last semester, you WILL NEED uninstall or delete the previous version of Examplify from your laptop. (1L students who have completed practice exams will not need to reinstall the software or complete another mock test)
Your Tulane username and password will be used as the login credentials for Examplify.
Students who wish to take exams on computer should follow the steps listed below. (Firefox is the recommended browser for downloading the Examplify product.)
Examplify Installation Instructions
PLEASE UNINSTALL ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF EXAMPLIFY (Current 1L students who have taken practice tests will not need to do this)
1. Go to examsoft.com/tul - Under 'Exam Takers', select LOGIN (not login with Examsoft ID). This should prompt you for your Tulane login credentials.
2. Once logged in, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements, then select 'Download'.
3. A message will appear prompting you to confirm that this device will be the one you will be using to download your exams. Click Yes to confirm.
4. Run the installer file. Once the installation is finished, you will then be able to launch the application from the Desktop or App tray.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions within the Examplify installer wizard.
6. Next, launch the application. You must be connected to the internet to register the copy of Examplify and/or download exams.
7. After installation, launch Examplify and you will be prompted to register. When prompted, insert the Institution ID: tul and click "Next".
8. On the following screen, using the login ID and Password, complete the required fields then click “Sign In”.
Taking a Mock Exam
1. Click on the Examplify icon.
2. Click on the Mock Exam from the Available Exam List section.
3. Click the green ‘Download Exam’ button in the middle of the screen directly underneath the name of the exam.
4. Once downloaded you will see a green check-mark confirming it has been successful
5. Click on Start Exam to begin.
Students must complete the download/installation of EXAMPLIFY and take the Mock Exam in order to be eligible to take exams on computer.
You can watch the instructional video for Examplify located on YouTube, and a quick start guide is also available on the ExamSoft support page.
All students were issued a new blind grading ID for the Fall 2020 semester. You will need to login to Gibson Online to get your new blind grading ID. Make sure that you select the Fall 2020 semester to bring up the new number.
If you have any other questions, you are welcome to contact Academic Services in room 204 or call 504-865-5935.