Exam guidelines and procedures
- If you are an in-person or partially remote student and you plan to take all exams remotely, we will have a survey form for you to complete. That information will be sent out soon.
- If you did not take exams during the Fall 2020 semester, please note that you must complete the steps to install the Examplify software and take the Baseline Photo Mock Test before beginning exams. The procedures for installing the software and completing the Baseline Photo Mock Test are listed below.
If you are taking exams remotely, there are components added to the exam software to accommodate remote proctoring. These component include ExamMonitor and ExamID. When you log in to take a remote exam you should see that both ExamID and ExamMonitor are indicated.
ExamID: Verify exam taker identity to prevent impersonation, protect assessment integrity, and streamline the exam check-in or verification process with ExamID.
ExamMonitor: Maximize exam security and integrity by using remote digital proctoring which uses Artificial Intelligence and Human Review to spot potential academic misconduct by tracking exam takers’ desktop and webcam activity without the need for a live internet connection.
Note that this software will allow access to documents and other items on your computer during the exam if taking an open book exam, provided such access is permitted by the instructor. We also do anticipate that students may need to get up to use the restroom during an exam, and may briefly look away from the screen or fidget during an exam. As explained in the Fall 2020 exam guidelines, these actions will not be cause for concern.
This software requires that you have a working camera and microphone on your computer. If you do not have both camera and microphone functioning on your computer please reach out to Academic Services as soon as possible so that we can determine an appropriate resolution.
- Follow the procedures below to install Examplify on your computer.
- Your Tulane username and password will be used as the login credentials for Examplify.
Examplify Installation Instructions – (You can watch the instructional video for Examplify, and a quick start guide is also available on the ExamSoft support page.)
1. Go to examsoft.com/tul - Under 'Exam Takers', select LOGIN (not login with Examsoft ID). This should prompt you for your Tulane login credentials.
2. Once logged in, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements, then select 'Download'.
3. A message will appear prompting you to confirm that this device will be the one you will be using to download your exams. Click Yes to confirm.
4. Run the installer file. Once the installation is finished, you will then be able to launch the application from the Desktop or App tray.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions within the Examplify installer wizard.
6. Next, launch the application. You must be connected to the internet to register the copy of Examplify and/or download exams.
7. After installation, launch Examplify and you will be prompted to register. When prompted, insert the Institution ID: tul and click "Next".
8. On the following screen, using the login ID and Password, complete the required fields then click “Sign In”.
Make sure that you have completed these steps prior to taking exams.
- Watch this video outlining the process for completing an exam with ExamID and ExamMonitor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1866&v=uFSEdeMCPO4&feature=emb_title
Note: This video format was for a previous version, but troubleshooting steps will still be applicable.
You may also find the information posted at - https://examsoft.force.com/emcommunity/s/article/Examplify-with-ExamID-and-ExamMonitor
- Complete the Baseline Photo Mock Test to set up your baseline photo and submit the biometric consent. Note that the password for the baseline photo mock test is test123.
- Prior to Exam Day -
- Verify: Verify that your computer’s camera is functioning properly. To do so, open your camera application on your computer and take a forward-facing picture. If you are unable to take a picture, make sure your camera drivers are up to date. Additionally, if you are on an HP device with a physical switch, make sure that is turned on as well.
- Check: Verify which version of Examplify you are on. All students should be on version 2.3.8 or above prior to downloading your ExamID or ExamMonitor enabled exam.
- Login: Prior to downloading your ExamID or ExamMonitor enabled exams for the first time, clear registration. To clear registration, follow the instructions HERE. Ensure you do not have any downloaded exams or pending uploads before clearing registration.
- On Exam Day -
- Check: Prior to starting your exam, make sure you have disabled any anti-virus on your computer. To disable anti-virus on your computer, follow the steps HERE.
- Login: Ensure you are logged in to your account by looking at the top of Examplify, you should see your name and ID number listed on the banner.
- Verify: Before entering your exam password, make sure you can see the ‘ExamID’ and ‘ExamMonitor’ indicated under exam details.
All students were issued a new blind grading ID for the Spring 2021 semester. You will need to login to Gibson Online to get your new blind grading ID. Make sure that you select the Spring 2021 semester to bring up the new number.
Please contact Academic Services if there are any problems with installing the Examplify software or completing the required Baseline Photo Mock Exam.